Boys Varsity West Golf
There will be a short information meeting for any West boy interested in playing golf this spring in room D117 (Mr. Minnear's room) on Monday March 2 at either 7:00 a.m. or 2:50 p.m. Any player interested who is unable to attend should see Coach Minnear before the 2nd. A plan for tryouts (beginning on the 9th) will be shared along with overall expectations for the process. Any player interested in trying out needs to be sure they have taken care of all requirements for competition on Final Forms.
There will be a brief information meeting for any West boy interested in playing golf this spring in Mr. Minnear's room D117 on Monday March 2. Prospective players can choose from either a 7:00 a.m or 2:55 p.m. meeting. The meetings should take 10-15 minutes as details on tryouts and upcoming schedule will be shared. Any interested players not able to attend should see Mr. Minnear in D117.
ZEELAND WEST BOYS GOLF 2020
The following information and selection criteria will be used as part of the team selection process for the 2020 Zeeland West Boys Golf Team.
Between 15-25 players will be selected to be part of the 2020 Team, which includes Varsity and Junior Varsity. The number selected depends on scoring dispersion and team needs.
Team try-outs will take place March 9, 2020. All players will receive a calendar detailing practice times and locations the week prior to the 9th.
To be eligible to try-out you must be in the ninth through twelfth grade and have completed all of the steps to be eligible on Final Forms.
The following list of criteria will be used as part of the 2020 team selection process:
- Attitude and conduct off the golf course
- Attitude and conduct on the golf course
- Playing by and knowledge of the USGA Rules of Golf
- Playing ability and showing improvement from past year if applicable.
- Using solid golf etiquette
- Have good practice habits and practice all parts of the game
- Be able to accept and respond to coaching
- Support your teammates by encouraging their play
- Take care of yourself physically and mentally by eating, sleeping and exercising correctly
- Being able to keep the game in perspective and remember it is a game.
Please contact Coach Tim Minnear at 748.4777 ext. 5422 (work) 616.540.9873 (cell) or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.