Baseline ImPACT Testing
2021-2022 Baseline ImPACT Testing
Check the status of your child's baseline ImPACT test
- Logging into your parent account on FinalForms.
- Click on Profile under your student-athlete's name
- Scroll down to Concussion Test History
- A current test will appear as a green box with a number and clock symbol. This number indicates the number of days until this test expires. You may also hover over the number with your cursor and it will display the exact date the test will expire.
- Any tests that appear with a red or yellow number means the test is either currently expired or will soon expire.
- If your 2021-2022 high school student-athlete does not have a test with a green icon, they will need to complete a baseline ImPACT testing session.
All 2021-2022 baseline ImPACT tests will be completed online at home.
Prior to the start of each season an email will be sent to students registered on FinalForms without a valid baseline test. The email will come directly from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your athletic trainer if:
- You did not receive a code and believe you need one
- It has been longer than one week since you've completed your online baseline test and FinalForms has not been updated
- You do NOT have access to a computer or Chromebook at home for testing
- You are NEW to the district and your school email is not active yet
- You have any questions or difficulty completing the test
Baseline ImPACT Testing Instructions
Please do the following before starting your test:
- Make sure you have a device (a computer, laptop or Chromebook) with an external mouse or trackpad (a tablet, iPad or phone will not work)
- Find a quiet and distraction free environment, no phones or other devices
- Sit comfortably at a table or desk with a flat, hard surface
- Close all other programs and browser tabs
- Disable popup blockers during the test
- Click HERE for additional help with that
- If you have tried all the troubleshooting tips, please check your internet speed by following these instructions:
- Google "Internet speed test"
- Click the blue RUN TEST button
- If your speed is below 10Mbps then you will not be able to test at home.
- When asked if you have taken the test before, click NO, even if you have tested previously
- Be sure to use your FULL name (first and last), no nicknames, when entering your name
- You may SKIP the demographics section
- You must complete the test in a single attempt of less than 45 minutes
- FinalForms will be updated weekly by your athletic trainer
What is the baseline ImPACT test for?
The baseline ImPACT test is an individualized analysis of a student-athlete;s neurocognitive brain function in a healthy state. In the event that a student-athlete sustains a head injury, this analysis will be used as a normal, baseline value to compare to the post-injury test value to help determine which, if any, neurocognitive functions are impaired by the injury. The ImPACT test is not considered a diagnostic tool, but is used in the evaluation and management process for concussions.
Why is the baseline test only valid for two years?
Because brains in high school develop at such a quick rate it is recommended that athletes be tested every two years to ensure that the baseline test reflects where the brain is currently functioning.
For questions please contact: