Girls Varsity West Golf
Game Summaries & Headlines.
ZEELAND WEST GIRLS GOLF 2019
Team tryouts will take place on Monday August 12 at Kris Tees Driving Range on 96th. We will work on the driving range and putting green at 8:00 a.m. and will end at 9:30 a.m. After the first try-out round players will be invited back for a second try-out on Tuesday August 13 at Kris Tees at the same time and procedure as the previous day. We will play 9 holes at Crestview Golf Course in Borculo on Wednesday the 14th at 7:30 a.m. Team selection will be made (if necessary) and a team meeting will take place following the try-out on Wednesday so players should arrange your schedules accordingly. We should be done around 10:00 a.m.
Please plan to be early to the try-out sessions. We will begin working at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, so your promptness is appreciated. You will need to bring your clubs, balls, tees, and golf or tennis shoes. All players can either carry their clubs or use a pull cart for try-out rounds and the season. Most golf courses have pull carts available. There is no cost to the players for trying out for the team.
Between 15-25 players will be selected to be part of the 2019 Team, which includes Varsity and Junior Varsity. The number selected depends on scoring dispersion and team needs.
To be eligible to try-out you must be in the ninth through twelfth grade and have completed all of the steps to compete through Final Forms.
The following list of criteria will be used as part of the 2019 team selection process:
- Attitude and conduct off the golf course
- Attitude and conduct on the golf course
- Playing by and knowledge of the USGA Rules of Golf
- Playing ability and showing improvement from past year, if applicable
- Using solid golf etiquette
- Have good practice habits and practice all parts of the game
- Be able to accept and respond to coaching
- Support your teammates by encouraging their play
- Take care of yourself physically and mentally by eating, sleeping and exercising correctly
- Being able to keep the game in perspective and remember it is a game.
The team schedule (matches and competitions only) may be found at zeelandwestsports.com There may be a couple changes to the schedule due to various conflicts but you can get a fairly accurate picture of the season from the website listed above. A practice and monthly breakdown of the season will be given to players on Wednesday the 14th. Any possible summer hitting opportunities will also be posted on the website above.
Please contact Coach Tim Minnear at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.